ThinkSCIENCE, Inc., Shinkawa East Bldg 14F, 1-23-5 Shinkawa, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-0033, Japan
All orders for editing, proofreading, translation and/or other services (the "Services") placed with ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. are subject to the following terms and conditions.
- All orders are accepted on the following terms and exclude any other terms stipulated or incorporated or referred to by the customer, whether in the order or in any negotiations between ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. and the customer. All orders made by the customer for the Services shall be subject to these terms, unless otherwise agreed in writing by ThinkSCIENCE, Inc.
- The customer confirms that he owns or that he has obtained all necessary consent for the Services to be made insofar as copyright subsists in the material, which is to be worked on by ThinkSCIENCE, Inc.
- ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. undertakes to produce the editing, proofreading, translation and/or other work specified by the customer and agreed by ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. to the best of its ability and as soon as reasonably possible in the circumstances, taking into account the deadline required by the customer.
- The customer acknowledges that the Services involve elements of subjectivity and judgment. Accordingly, ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. does not guarantee that its editing, proofreading, translation and/or other services will be identical to the editing, proofreading, translation and/or other services of the same material that might be done by another editor, proofreader, translator or supplier of these Services.
- For customers residing in Japan, ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. will send an invoice within 7 days of delivery of ThinkSCIENCE Inc.'s Services. Payment of the invoice shall be made in full within 28 days from the date of the invoice, unless agreed in writing by ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. in advance of commencing the Services.
For customers residing outside Japan, payment in full will be required in advance of commencing the Services, unless explicitly agreed in writing in advance by ThinkSCIENCE, Inc.
- All bank charges are the responsibility of the purchaser.
For customers residing in Japan, the preferred method of payment is wire (bank) transfer. Any charges incurred in making a payment shall be borne by the payer, and shall not be deductible from the amounts due to ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. Payment must be received in full within 28 days of the date of issue of the invoice, unless expressly agreed in writing in advance between the payer and ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. Alternative payment via credit card or PayPal is available, with payment required in full before the project is delivered.
For customers residing outside of Japan, payment is accepted by credit card, PayPal, or by wire (bank) transfer. Once notification of full payment has been received, ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. will confirm receipt of the payment by email and commence the Services.
When paying by credit card or PayPal, customers may be asked by their card network to enter information including their credit card number, the expiration date of the credit card, and their billing address. The customer’s card network collects and stores this information; ThinkSCIENCE does not collect or store such information.
- The customer shall not have any right to set-off any amounts against the invoice, which are or may be due from ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. to the customer.
- Any changes to the customer material made by the customer subsequent to commencement of the project by ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. shall be for the account of the customer insofar as ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. has already started work on the part of the material to be charged.
- Any cancellation made by the customer subsequent to commencement of the project by ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. shall be for the account of the customer insofar as ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. has already started work on the part of the material to be charged.
- For larger projects, ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. reserves the right to charge a part fee based on work completed during the period of a calendar month. ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. will invoice for each part of the agreed project as soon as that part has been completed.
- ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. shall not be liable for any defect, error or omission in or from any matter submitted to it for or in connection with its work or services whether such defect, error or omission relates to words, grammar, punctuation, advice or any other aspect, nor for any consequential losses resulting from such defect, error or omission. However, following completion of a project, ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. agrees to rectify at no charge any errors or omissions which are at the fault of ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. The customer must raise with ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. any such issues regarding errors and omissions within 10 working days of receipt of the completed assignment by the customer for the above to apply.
- The customer shall hold harmless and indemnify ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. and any relevant sub-contractors in respect of any lawsuit or claim in respect of work undertaken by ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. on the instructions of the customer.
- ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations hereunder if such failure arises from any act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, fire, flood, drought, legislation or other causes (whether of the foregoing classes or not) beyond its control.
- ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. will give the customer's manuscript the necessary care and attention it deserves. However, it is the obligation of the author to check all changes made to his/her manuscript (the sole responsibility for the final published manuscript lies with the author). Furthermore, ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. cannot guarantee to secure publication of a customer's manuscript for which advice, translation or English revision has been provided by ThinkSCIENCE, Inc., as the final decision regarding this remains the prerogative of the (peer) review body of the author's choice.
- The construction and validity of these terms and conditions shall be governed in all respects by Japanese law.