TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SUPPLY OF SERVICES
ThinkSCIENCE, Inc., Park West Bldg 7F, 4-8-10 Hatchobori, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-0032, Japan
All orders for editing, proofreading, translation and/or other services (the “Services”) placed with ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. are subject to the following terms and conditions.
- All orders are accepted on the following terms and exclude any other terms stipulated or incorporated or referred to by the customer, whether in the order or in any negotiations between ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. and the customer. All orders made by the customer for the Services shall be subject to these terms, unless otherwise agreed in writing by ThinkSCIENCE, Inc.
- The customer confirms that he owns or that he has obtained all necessary consent for the Services to be made insofar as copyright subsists in the material, which is to be worked on by ThinkSCIENCE, Inc.
- ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. undertakes to produce the editing, proofreading, translation and/or other work specified by the customer and agreed by ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. to the best of its ability and as soon as reasonably possible in the circumstances, taking into account the deadline required by the customer.
- The customer acknowledges that the Services involve elements of subjectivity and judgment. Accordingly, ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. does not guarantee that its editing, proofreading, translation and/or other services will be identical to the editing, proofreading, translation and/or other services of the same material that might be done by another editor, proofreader, translator or supplier of these Services.
- For customers residing in Japan, ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. will send an invoice within 7 days of delivery of ThinkSCIENCE Inc.'s Services. Payment of the invoice shall be made in full within 28 days from the date of the invoice, unless agreed in writing by ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. in advance of commencing the Services.
For customers residing outside Japan, payment in full will be required in advance of commencing the Services, unless explicitly agreed in writing in advance by ThinkSCIENCE, Inc.
- All bank charges are the responsibility of the purchaser.
For customers residing in Japan, the preferred method of payment is wire transfer. Any charges incurred in making a payment shall be borne by the payer, and shall not be deductible from the amounts due to ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. Payment must be received in full within 28 days of the date of issue of the invoice, unless expressly agreed in writing in advance between the payer and ThinkSCIENCE, Inc.
For customers residing outside of Japan, payment is accepted by PayPal or by wire transfer. ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. adds a fee of 4% to each project to cover the PayPal fee or adds a small fee to each project to cover the bank fee. Once full payment has been received, ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. will confirm receipt of the payment by email and commence the Services.
- The customer shall not have any right to set-off any amounts against the invoice, which are or may be due from ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. to the customer.
- Any changes to the customer material made by the customer subsequent to commencement of the project by ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. shall be for the account of the customer insofar as ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. has already started work on the part of the material to be charged.
- Any cancellation made by the customer subsequent to commencement of the project by ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. shall be for the account of the customer insofar as ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. has already started work on the part of the material to be charged.
- For larger projects, ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. reserves the right to charge a part fee based on work completed during the period of a calendar month. ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. will invoice for each part of the agreed project as soon as that part has been completed.
- ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. shall not be liable for any defect, error or omission in or from any matter submitted to it for or in connection with its work or services whether such defect, error or omission relates to words, grammar, punctuation, advice or any other aspect, nor for any consequential losses resulting from such defect, error or omission. However, following completion of a project, ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. agrees to rectify at no charge any errors or omissions which are at the fault of ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. The customer must raise with ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. any such issues regarding errors and omissions within 10 working days of receipt of the completed assignment by the customer for the above to apply.
- The customer shall hold harmless and indemnify ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. and any relevant sub-contractors in respect of any lawsuit or claim in respect of work undertaken by ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. on the instructions of the client.
- ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations hereunder if such failure arises from any act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, fire, flood, drought, legislation or other causes (whether of the foregoing classes or not) beyond its control.
- ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. will give your manuscript the necessary care and attention it deserves. However, it is the obligation of the author to check all changes made to his/her manuscript (the sole responsibility for the final published manuscript lies with the author). Furthermore, ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. cannot guarantee to secure publication of a customer’s manuscript for which advice, translation or English revision has been provided by ThinkSCIENCE, Inc., as the final decision regarding this remains the prerogative of the peer review body of the author’s choice.
- The construction and validity of these terms and conditions shall be governed in all respects by Japanese law.
ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. Website Terms and Conditions
This is the ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. website. Your use of this website is subject to the following terms and conditions, which you are deemed to accept each time you use the website.
- Use of the websiteYou may use this website only for lawful purposes when seeking information or services provided by our company. Under no circumstances must you seek to undermine the security of the site or information submitted to or available through it. In particular, but without limitation, you must not seek to access, alter or delete any information to which you do not have authorized access, seek to overload the system through spamming or flooding, take any action to interfere with the operation of this site, or seek to modify, decipher or disassemble any of the software, coding to information on the site.
- Information on this siteWe make every effort to ensure that the information on this site is accurate, up-to-date and complete. Some information may be supplied to us by third parties and we are not able to check the accuracy or completeness of that information. We do not accept any liability arising from any inaccuracy or omission in any of the information on this site or any liability in respect of information on this site supplied by you, any other site user or any other person.
We try to ensure that the standard of this website remains high and to maintain the continuity of it. We do not accept any liability arising from any such errors, omissions, interruptions of service or delays or any ongoing obligation or responsibility to operate this website (or any particular part of it) or to provide the services offered on this website. We may alter aspects of the site without notice.
This site offers links to other sites which we hope will be of interest to you. We do not accept any responsibility for or liability in respect of the content of those sites, the owners of which do not necessarily have any connection, commercial or otherwise, with us. Using automatic links to gain access to such sites is entirely at your own risk.
- Information submitted by youYou are solely responsible for any information that you submit to this site and for ensuring that all information supplied by you is true, accurate and up-to-date, and that it is not discriminatory, offensive, defamatory, or otherwise illegal in any jurisdiction. You are also responsible for ensuring all data and files before submission via this site are free from viruses or other routines that may interfere with or damage our systems or data. We reserve the right to remove any information supplied by you from the website at our sole discretion, at any time, and for any reason without requiring explanation.
We will process and store any data which you provide when completing the online estimate form, recruitment form or any further forms, assessments or personal details which you complete or provide to us when using this site securely and in accordance with Japanese data protection legislation.
- LiabilityWe accept no liability for any loss (whether direct or indirect, for loss of business, revenue or profits, wasted expenditure, corruption or destruction of data or for any other indirect or consequential loss whatsoever) arising from your use of the site and we hereby exclude any such liability, whether in contract, tort (including for negligence) or otherwise. We hereby exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to this website and your use of it to the maximum extent permitted by law.
You agree to indemnify us and keep us indemnified against all costs, expenses, claims, losses, liabilities or proceedings arising from use or misuse by you of this site.
You must notify us immediately if anyone makes or threatens to make any claim against you relating to your use of this site.
- Intellectual Property RightsAll copyright and other intellectual property rights to the content of this website are the property of ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. or the applicable owners. No part of this website or the information contained therein may be used, copied, altered, modified, uploaded, posted, transmitted, distributed, licensed, sold, reproduced, or republished without the prior written consent of ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. or the applicable owners.
- Choice of Law and JurisdictionThe use of this website and any agreements entered into through this website are to be governed by and construed in accordance with Japanese law. The Tokyo District Court or The Tokyo Summary Court shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute arising out of or in connection with the use of this website or any agreement made through this website.
- Changes to Terms and Conditions and invalidityThese website terms and conditions may be changed by ThinkSCIENCE, Inc. at any time. You will be deemed to accept the terms and conditions (as amended) when you next use this site following any amendment. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held to be invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions, which shall remain in full force and effect.